Providing simplified products for complex risks in an ever growing industry of subsea and autonomous vessels.
The recent growth in subsea activity in the world's oceans and waterways falls broadly into the following categories:
- Surveys of the water column, seafloor and strata below the seabed by use of towed or static equipment.
- Construction, operation and maintenance of subsea installations using equipment that can be manned or unmanned, autonomous or remotely operated.
- Recreational or scientific activity using manned vehicles or data recording devices.
- Generation of renewable energy by way of tide or wave machines.
The range of equipment and vessels now at work in the subsea environment is considerable with markets available for both for the subsea and surface elements, whilst:
- Being deployed and recovered
- On board vessels or rigs
- In transit to and from operations, by road, rail, air or sea
- At home base
- During maintenance
- In storage.
London market providing seamless and comprehensive insurance cover on the following subsea aspects:
- Remotely operated vehicles (ROVs), work class, survey class
- Autonomous underwater vehicles (AUVs)
- Diamond mining tools
- Oceanographic survey equipment - buoys, towed sonars, cameras, sampling units
- Remote and autonomous surface survey vehicles
- Developmental vehicles - manned and unmanned
- Seismic streamers - towed, including sources
- Ocean bottom seismic equipment
- Diving equipment - suits, hats, umbilicals, SCUBA, diving bells, saturation environments, one atmosphere diving suits (commercial contractor operations and professional expeditions only)
- Diving contractors' equipment - hydraulic tools, welding equipment
- Renewable offshore power generation equipment - wave and tidal
- Manned submersibles - private, tourist, research, intervention
- Underwater viewing environments
- Hulls associated with the deployment and support of the above equipment, for example diving support vessels and survey vessels
For information request, please call Ropner Insurance Services on 020 7204 3600 or send us an email with your enquiry